Dear Doctors, ask yourself the following questions:
1. Are you sure claims are submitted for all services you have performed?
2. Do you know why some of your claims for services were denied?
3. Are you sure all your denied claims were corrected, resubmitted and appealed?
4. How many claims are outstanding and what is the amount of your receivables?
5. When was the last time you have performed an internal audit of your billing department or your billing agent?
6. Are you sure that all your claims have been submitted and processed correctly?
7. Do you regularly receive news and updates of the latest changes in the healthcare industry?
8. Do you often turn patients away because you do not accept their insurance?
9. Are you sure you and your practice are properly enrolled with insurance carriers?
10. When was the last time you have performed an internal audit of your charts?
11. How do you obtain information regarding billing, coding and documentation requirements concerning services you perform?
12. How often do you meet with your billing staff and/or agents to review your billing and collection status?
13. What are your methods of ensuring your practice is in compliance with all the applicable state and federal laws, rules and regulations?
14. Do you have a compliance plan?
15. We can do a FREE audit of your practice. If you don’t like your answer to any of these questions, call us for a FREE audit.